Today (or should I say "while I was in NYC I was"...) I'm grateful for hugs. Big fat WARM hugs. Long hugs. Friendly hugs. Meaningful hugs. Hugs. Because when someone hugs you, no matter what type of hug it is, it doesn't even matter if it is just intended to warm you, a hug shows that someone cares. Someone cares that you feel welcome. Someone cares that you feel loved. Someone cares that you're happy in your birthday. Someone cares enough to hug you to make you feel better, to make you feel warm. What are you grateful for?
If you're reading this blog it means you are alive. It means you had the chance to woke up in the morning, breath, and see how the sun sets for a new day. Yes, you've got one more day. The thing is that not everyone gets it. This blog will be all about being grateful for that one more day. For the little things and for the big ones. For the opportunities and blessings. They say you never know what you have until you lose it, but i don't wanna wait for that, Do you?
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Hugs
Last week I went to NYC with my family and it was freezing. I've never been that cold before. It didn't matter that I was wearing 4 layers of clothes, the cold still seemed to be burning my skin. So there was a point when my little brother told me he also was cold and I decided to hug him to make him feel warmer (counting on the theory that our bodies produce energy, therefore heat). From that moment on, each time that we saw that the other was too cold, we'll hug each other to stay warm. There were times when, instead of saying we were cold, we ended up asking the other for a hug.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment